Having been an executive and delivering statewide services, l appreciate the significance of working with the right speakers to deliver empowering content, engage an audience and create a space that moves people to lead the way.
I also know that when the quality of the speaker is not a great fit for the organization, the message does not hit the mark. Ripples are created and perhaps not in the way we want. My intention is to make this process simple.
I am a passionate, engaging and irreverent speaker. I bring energy and drive on stage. I have walked the walk.
I started from the front line, climbed to executive level and then transitioned into entrepreneurship.
I draw from my own experiences and personal transformation alongside passion, expertise and knowledge to add massive long term value.
More than just ‘rah - rah’, I leave audiences with real take home value and practical leadership tools.
Leaders create leaders. They place their staff before anything else. When you care about your people you create a human-centered business. Success is based on collective growth and extraordinary results. AK Consultancy
I have spoken at conferences, delivered workshops and engaged with front line staff through to executives, people managers, business owners and CEO’s to deliver on topics:
Leadership - evolving your leadership with a starting point of you to find greater meaning and purpose in your work.
Team - building better human relationships to drive better business outcomes.
Employee engagement and experience - co-creating an environment where your people are engaged by their work and you will notice higher levels of productivity, better retention rates, an increased sense of health and well and a boost to your bottom line.
Culture - build an inspired culture that embraces inclusivity.
I customise presentations to meet organisational needs. l have delivered training on the following key areas:
The Conscious Leader
Future ready leaders must take priority to disrupt tomorrow's business environment. In today's digital world, a more conscious leadership is demanded to ensure workplaces succeed in a rapidly changing business world in years ahead. A new generation of conscious leaders must embrace four key principles - purpose-driven, inclusivity, emotional and social intelligence and trust. This presentation will deliver a blueprint for what future leaders must look like to unleash a truly-world leading culture.
Command and Control Are Dead. Inclusive Leadership Triumphs
Making inclusion a cornerstone of company culture assures you that every good idea is voiced and heard. Diversity creates opportunity, value and respect for all. Inclusive leaders ensure you feel it. Inclusion makes all people feel like they belong. It's about finding like-mindedness in our differences and placing our unique differences at the centre of conversations to be able to grow and build inclusive teams. Inclusion is about growth of the individual, team and organisation. You break down silos by shared problem solving and creating safe and trusting environments. Inclusion is mandatory part of organisational culture and defining how a company listens to its people is today's business. Diversity and inclusion are now a business reality. This presentation we will share how embracing inclusive practices make a difference to business success.
The Leader’s Mindset
Leadership is a belief. It’s mindset. It’s a way of being. It’s what you do when no one is in the room watching. You lead the way. You drive your success. To shift the game, you need to understand your mindset and how you create and determine the results. In this presentation, we will explore how act like a leader and drive change; the four quadrants to personal leadership; identify your unique positioning and; to shift your focus from managing time to managing energy.
Creating A More Human-Centred Workplace Culture
Culture exists in every workplace whether it is by design or default. Gallup has shown us time and time again that an improved work culture increases employee engagement, productivity and aligns an employee's goals with an employer's mission. A strong culture isn't just about fun and games and wacky perks. People want to fee a sense of achievement and deep fulfilment. Culture is what guides employees when leaders are not around. It's what you do when no one is looking. Loyal employees will uphold your brand and ensure the sustainability of your business. The more you invest in people, the better the culture will be. Strong culture results in more people engaged. The equation is simple. This presentation will share five strategies that will help employees feel valued, invested in and where both business and people flourish.
How To Lead Like A Woman
Women entrepreneurs represent some of the best business leaders the world has ever seen. Despite the significant element of corporate influence, 21st century women still face challenges that stifle and hinder their rise in the corporate world. Women are the largest untapped entrepreneurial and leadership potential in the world. Female leaders must tap into their own emotional intelligence rather than fitting into some template others have created for them. This presentation will share three challenges women may find themselves facing and how they can lead from their strengths, stay in alignment with who they are and overcome inequities to thrive in the corporate arena or entrepreneurial land.
Human Dynamics – Cracking Leadership Codes
Like superhero's we all have our unique qualities and talents. This presentation opens the door to your own behavioural style and how your needs are met in different situations. It unravels individual and team strengths and development areas to improve performance. It strengthens performance in life and business and empowers you to adjust or adapt behaviours to be more effective and impactful in a situation. The experience provides you with information not only to understand but also a blueprint to create new benchmarks and an action plan of success both individually and at a team performance level.
The Entrepreneurial Mindset
Corporate experience and your own entrepreneurial streak can create an explosive combination. Developing an entrepreneurial mindset doesn't require an MBA or millions of dollars. It does, however demand that you are willing to imagine new ways to solve problems, embrace failure and create extraordinary value. The entrepreneurial spirit is driven by love of their product or service. They have an innate passion for making a difference in the world. They want to add value within the organisation, improve their ability to chart new paths or challenge the status quo to become a force for innovation. They experience a shift in mindset where they explore and amplify their inherent drives. Promoting an entrepreneurial mindset company-wide helps you gain a competitive edge and create opportunities for growth. It can be a means to improve products, processes and services; to acquire and retain new clients; and to attract and retain quality people in business. This presentation will show you how to get started.
A la carte
I develop and deliver specific tailored content based training, facilitate team events to unlock leadership potential, discover solutions together, make decisions and create strategic plans to move forward collectively.
A Little About Me
I have been speaking publicly for more than 15 years from delivering training, workshops and conference presentations within government, non - for profit sector and private sector. Since l transitioned into my own consultancy, l have continued to deliver:
- Small Business Skills Summit (August 2018) delivered online. My presentation will be delivered 11 August 2018 - Leaving Ego At The Door When It Comes To Business.
- Facilitated at Family Law Life (2018 & 2019) delivered a series of workshops including business planning, identifying and implementation of a strategic business plan, 4 dimensions of leadership within business and Leading You in business workshop.
- Facilitated at Ray White Dingley (2017 & 2018) Business Planning Workshop, Strengths in Leadership training and Decoding Human Behaviour Workshop including EDISC profiling for the whole team.
- Facilitated Daring to be You Workshop (2016 & 2017) - 90-minute Live Event in Melbourne, Australia
- Facilitated and delivered Design Life’s Masterpiece Workshop (2016)– 90-minute Live Event and Online Webinar in Melbourne, Australia
- Delivered Leading with Soul 4 Hour Intensive workshop (2016) – Live Event in Melbourne Australia
- Facilitated and delivered Soul Immersion Retreat 2-day (2017 – 2 retreats) event in Victoria, Australia
- Facilitated Leading You Immersion Group (2017) – 4-month group coaching program online. Weekly live sessions
- Delivered Leadership series for Arbonne Australia & New Zealand (2016), including 5 Keys to Success thinking, Leadership starts with you, How to take your vision and inspire others, How to present to inspire action, Relationship building and networking. Live 90-minute workshops in Melbourne Victoria.
- Delivered at Global Business College of Australia for Small Business Festival for Women Entrepreneurship (2016). My presentation - Entrepreneurial Success – it’s an inside job
- Facilitated and delivered two x 3-hour workshops to Department of Justice and Regulation (2017). Topic was Leadership starts with you with a focus on the leader’s mindset and culture. In addition, an indoor team building activity (Humanopoly) was facilitated.
- Guest speaker on podcast Ignite Your Life (2017) to discuss how success is created within.
- Whilst working at Department of Human Services (1995-2015), delivered leadership training and team building activities with a focus on strengthening culture to DHS staff, trained Bail Justices (Department of Justice) regarding after hour bail applications, delivered training regarding engagement and intervention of high risk adolescents within a street environment, specifically in relation to sexual exploitation. Delivered joint presentation with Victoria Police – Sexual Crimes Squad at the conference Australian and New Zealand Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abuse. Workshop topic – Sexual Exploitation of Children.
- Sessional teacher for Box Hill College of TAFE delivering a program on a range of topics for staff working in the human welfare field. (1997-1999)
My most requested topics include how leader's mindset drives workplace culture, how to cultivate leaders and set you and your team for marketplace success. Also personal development topics.
Team building activities connect individuals in an authentic and cohesive manner to align with each other and the organisation’s mission and to work together to create an inspired culture and high performance organisation.
One of the indoor team building activities that l deliver encapsulates a touch of chaos, a dash of craziness, some teams of unsuspecting people and a massive amount of fun. Let’s call it – Humanopoly. It will be 1.5 hours of indoor, simple, unique indoor team building activities. High energy with huge fun team events that will be connected to key messages, core outcomes and delivered in a fun, unique and deliberate way.
Outcomes and benefits to organizations
Leaders will be inspired to unlock their potential, follow their own path and lead as change makers.
Leaders will be inspired to become better leaders and create more leaders.
Leaders will understand the four shifts of impactful leadership, why each of these elements create leaders and how they are essential in the context of leading an organization.
Leaders will accept all success is an inside job.
Leaders will understand that change is inevitable, uncertainty is opportunity and what makes you uncomfortable is the only way to grow.
Leaders will leave with practicable and actionable steps to implement immediately.
Leaders will embrace result driven practices.
Initial 15-minute potential collaboration chat to see if we are a good fit. If a match then a one hour free strategy session to be delivered in person or via virtual office.
Are we a good fit?
Let's have a conversation.